Another fine way to use up any birds that may still be in the freezer as summer approaches…light the BBQ and use ’em up.
We make something in the region of 4000 of these, in mini version, for elevenses during the season and they are always a massive winner. We serve them without bun, simply glazed with honey and black pepper in the last moments of cooking.
1. Roughly grind the seeds together in a pestle and mortar.
2. Sauté the onion and seeds in a little olive oil and a generous pinch of salt and pepper on a medium heat until well softened.
3. Add the garlic, then 30 seconds later add the Worcestershire sauce, sugar, smoked paprika, curry powder and chilli flakes, cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
4. Thoroughly mix all the ingredients together, along with another generous pinch of salt and pepper.
5. Form into four large patties.
6. Cook on a medium heat for about five minutes each side until cooked through.
7. Serve in a decent ciabatta/focaccia bun with a good spicy tomato and herb chutney, mayo, avocado and salad.